Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What I've Learned Today.

  • Valium is fun, until you don't want to be stoned any more. I guess most drugs are like that, but it's been 7 hours and I want off the Valium ride now. I'm feeling a bit foggy headed, not truly stoned, but I'm ready to be me again.
  • I started singing Rolling Stones' "Mother's Little Helper" since about 10 am and haven't stopped yet. I totally get why my grandmother took this stuff for so long.
  • Walking around Target while slightly buzzed is fun. I can't wait to be fully conscious and discover what I bought.
  • The post procedure nap was the most solid one I've ever taken.
  • My doctor has this way of making me relax about anything that's going on. We found more than expected and something unexpected, but by her description of the next procedure- I'm totally not worried about it (the procedure.)

Which brings me to what was found. I have polyps. There were 2- one in my fallopian tube and one in the lining of my uterus. Part of me is really scared. Polyps have the possiblity to be cancerous. I had some comfort when I thought that it was the fibroid tumor. Those are almost never cancerous. Polyps may be. She left the fallopian tube one alone, but biopsied the wall one. I will be having surgery to remove them both sometime in the near future.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}}

6:18 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Just think after the procedures, we are coming to your house and bringing you ice cream to celebrate the success! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

I'm so proud of your braveness. Valium is a nice thing. Every now and then when I've taken it there has been the "after glow" slightly depressive state- just in case it comes you'll recognize it.

7:10 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Hey, if you did the up the ya-hoo thing (or the up the hoo-ha thing), you can deal with anything. Hang in there and go with the Valium flow. I've never tried Valium, so please take an extra one for me.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I hope you're feeling like yourself today. I'm going to just keep thinking really positive thoughts for you.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

i hope everything comes back negative which would be a positive!! Soon you will be polyp free and feeling much better!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

I think it's great that you're getting this dealt with. I hope all goes well, and am thinking positive thoughts for you : )

1:57 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sending hugs. Fingers crossed that everything comes back negative. At least you've got the valium. I've never had valium. I'm a codeine girl.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Awwwh, big hug!
Valium can be a wonderful thing but the let-down and reality must sooner or later be absorbed also. As with all things, it will pass and life will continue.
So what's the next step now? Wait?
I would advise against knitting on valium...it usually leads to ripping out later (giggle).

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home