What I've Learned Today.
- Valium is fun, until you don't want to be stoned any more. I guess most drugs are like that, but it's been 7 hours and I want off the Valium ride now. I'm feeling a bit foggy headed, not truly stoned, but I'm ready to be me again.
- I started singing Rolling Stones' "Mother's Little Helper" since about 10 am and haven't stopped yet. I totally get why my grandmother took this stuff for so long.
- Walking around Target while slightly buzzed is fun. I can't wait to be fully conscious and discover what I bought.
- The post procedure nap was the most solid one I've ever taken.
- My doctor has this way of making me relax about anything that's going on. We found more than expected and something unexpected, but by her description of the next procedure- I'm totally not worried about it (the procedure.)
Which brings me to what was found. I have polyps. There were 2- one in my fallopian tube and one in the lining of my uterus. Part of me is really scared. Polyps have the possiblity to be cancerous. I had some comfort when I thought that it was the fibroid tumor. Those are almost never cancerous. Polyps may be. She left the fallopian tube one alone, but biopsied the wall one. I will be having surgery to remove them both sometime in the near future.