Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Times Like These.

Faith! (of No More Sweaters) used to blog a list of the most gorgeous knit, crochet or general crafty items that she found on different blogs. I was even featured once. I miss her blog so much. Times like these makes it that missing feeling that much stronger. Knit bloggers are getting some slack that they aren't posting enough or that Ravelry has changed the way we blog. It may have, but I know for sure that there's still some creative and gorgeous knitting and crafting going on in blogland.

For example:

Craftivore finished a Sahara sweater that I swear is one of the most beautiful sweaters that I've ever seen. Go look, come back when you are ready. The color of yarn she chose, the smile on her face in the first photo, the fit of the entire garment....stunning. This is something I keep telling myself that I'll make when I lose 10 pounds. Serious sweater envy.

Costumechick finished a Zetor Scarf that made me drool. Plus, the scarf is for her Grandma's Christmas gift. I need to knit more lace, even though I have 2 things on the needles. Getting that lace bug bad.

A Friend to Knit With posted a tutorial on making rag jewelry. It makes me crave summer camp and flirting with cute 15 year old boys at the YMCA pool (circa 1989...haha).

Too Much Wool finished a Liesl sweater in 4 days. FOUR DAYS!! And not only does it fit, it looks stunning on! I totally went directly to Ysolda Teague's ravelry page and downloaded it. I'm such a sucker.

And lastly, Gauss knit an amazing colorwork shawl. There is nothing this woman can't do!!


What have you found on craft blogs that you admired, loved or craved lately?

3 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

Wow- those were great. Thanks for picking up where Faith! left off. I'll read my blogs with new eyes in case I am inspired to do such a post.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I miss Faith too! She linked to a couple of my projects/ posts and it just made my day. I'm so glad you linked to Craftivore's Sahara! It's gorgeous and I'm proud to say I was there when she bought that yarn.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

You've just made my day! You are very gracious, as always.

I was recently blown away by Franklin's "travelling EZ exhibit": http://the-panopticon.blogspot.com/2008/07/little-tribute.html

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home