Thursday, August 07, 2008

Driveway Tales

I think I've shown this photo before, but this is my driveway. Atleast, this is the paved part closest to the house.


Every day The Boy and I go out to the mailbox, singing the mail song from Blues Clues ("Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me want to wag my tail, when it comes I want to wail- MAIL!").

A trip that should take us about 2 minutes takes about 15. He explores everything while we walk. He picks up stones, an occasional bug, sticks...whatever he finds interesting for that day. I love this. I love the fact that I can give him the space to find new adventures every day.

This is him- he's in the center of the photo. I'm standing at the mailbox, he's turned towards me, yelling, "Momma!?" (because I'm not moving fast enough.) Most days we walk to the mailbox, but he always runs back towards the house, to the bend in the driveway. He knows not to go further, but is also impatient to get back home.

I hope this is the way it always will be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lives little pleasures-dive bombing hummingbirds, a small boy discovering everything:) Happy thoughts.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh, yes, hummingbirds dive if you are wearing bright clothes...it confuses them. I assume you will be "installing" feeders for them soon?
Oh, what a wonderful long driveway with green all around. Are you planting some hostas, flowering bulbs, and such along there for next year?
I am enjoying the changes and settling in of your house.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'd lollygag along too if I had such a wonderful driveway!

10:05 AM  
Blogger RC said...

its great that you recognize the moments when they come.. it all goes so fast!
The new digs look GREAT. I've been so psyched for you. congrats!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful house, gorgeous driveway. Lovely, lovely memories you're bringing up with those gorgeous pictures. I miss the East...

My little ones are at the ages where they're still impatient to get home--and then glad (*sniff*) to get back to their college apartments, and in one case, her own new first house. But still. Here in California, this house, will always still be home to them.

And I'm the one examining every leaf. While they are patient.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home