Thursday, August 21, 2008

Magic Inside.

On my daily walk to the mailbox today the sun was shining, the birds were squalking and The Boy was singing his songs. I had just come around the bend to full sun in the face, instinctively looked down and found these sparkling in the light:

It once was a single rock. It's split into two now, I imagine from us driving over it repeatedly. From the outside it looks like any other rock in the world. Inside, it's a glittery mess of white, gray and black crystals.

Coolest thing ever.

And Hubs thinks he's paving over the driveway next year. Over my dead body.

Oh, and I hearby declare myself the worst Ravelympics competitor this year. I picked the Bird in Hand Mittens as my project. I decided half way through the first mitten that I wanted to design The Boy a sweater. Off I ran with that project instead. It's like training for the diving, but after getting to China, deciding to do gymnastics instead.

Good news is, all I have to do is the neckline and sewing and the sweater will be done.

Do I get a medal for that??

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oh hell, I didn't even sign up for the Ravelympics so I think you're doing fine.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you should still get a medal for your efforts! You're not alone in switching projects - several people discussed that at SnB last night! Will you finish the mittens at some future point? They look pretty!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Beccah, I will finish them. I love the pattern and the colors, it just wasn't the right time for the project.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home