Thursday, August 28, 2008

Things.

"Things" have been going on here.
I spent most of last week mopey and fighting a pretty bad case of the blues. Nothing really to be sad about, but yet still feeling sad.
I've stepped up the workout routine, met with a trainer who (gently) kicked my butt and started to get back into eating healthy again.
Lo and behold, I'm feeling better. I don't know whether it's the food, the workouts or just time, but I'm good again.
Thank goodness.
I've been knitting. Finished my Ravelympics sweater for The Boy. I need to take a photo of him in it. I think the arms are too big. (For a tall kid, he has tiny shoulders. There's bunching around there but I have no idea how to correct it. That's a post for another time though.)And I started a new vest for me. I'm not typically a fan of the vest, but with the cooler...almost cold... mornings starting already in the Northeast, I have this need to churn out wooly, cold weather gear. The vest is a happy medium.
You'll notice the similarities in the yarn between the two projects. The same Patons yarn was used for both. (Had to promise Hubs that I wouldn't make us wear them on the same day. Dork.)

I'm promising myself that I'll post more often. My already thin readership had dropped to only a couple of people a day. I hate when I get to like a blog, only to have the owner drop off the face of the earth.

11 Comments:

Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Happy to see you've dropped back in. It's good to hear that you're beating the blues.

2:04 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Glad to hear things are looking towards the bright side.

Miss you much down here!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

I love that vest pattern! I can't wait to see yours. I keep thinking I should knit one, but I'm not sure I can pull it off.

You don't have to post daily or anything, but it is nice to know you're still alive. ;^)

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still reading! I'm just going through a really lame phase of rarely commenting.

3:28 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Hi Sunflower- you're on my google reader so if you post, I'll read. : )

Great knitting going on. Makes me want to do some cables.

There are people out here who care about you!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Pretty vest! I think I need to make one and try to work it into my regular wardrobe.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and wonder if it couldn't just be a let down from all the excitement of moving, your illness/treatment, etc. Love your new vest!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Oooh! The vest is fanastical. I might try my hand at cables at some point again...

Miss you.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl I know the blues and sometimes they are hard to get out of. Just know you have a huge group for friends that will come rescue you when ever you need us.

10:19 PM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

Oooh, Ilove that vest pattern--it's in my queue, too. :) Glad to hear you're feeling better!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hear ya on the dropping out thing. It's been nealry 3 weeks since I posted. Wah! I love that vest. Knit one for your boy and you'll be ready for a really dorky family christmas card photo!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home