Monday, September 08, 2008

Best Laid Plans

I didn't spin on Saturday night. By the time I put The Boy down for the night, cleaned up the mess we'd made playing and took some time to unwind, I didn't have enough energy to go back up stairs, drag the damn thing down, and do what needed to be done. (You can see why it's been so long since I've spun now, right?) I did knit up a storm though, no pun intended. (The storm was a big as they predicted. Lots of rain and wind. We had some brown outs all night, then lost power for about 2 and a half hours in the middle of the night. I woke up as it went. It's very dark in my house with no lights. Buying new flashlights today! We also lost some trees, but in the woods so I think we're going to let nature take care of them.)
This is what I was trying to wrap up on Saturday night. The green cabled vest is blocking, the neck and arms will be finished tonight.


So, on the the next project.


The yarn is Schaefer Miss Priss in the Elena Piscopia colorway. Now, what should I make with it??

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'm surprised we didn't lose power during the storm. It seems we lsoe powere at the drop of a hat sometimes. 5 skiens of Miss PRiss? Is that enough for Mr. Greenjeans? I think the pattern calls for that yarn.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Make me a sweater, what else? :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Glad to hear you made it through the crazy weather!

Those cables are gorgeous!!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

The vest looks divine with all those lovely cables!

Even with a few trees down in your "forest" it sounds like you have settled in nicely with the "country" living.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home