Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thanks, Carole!

Without even knowing it, Carole saved my butt, again.

Seriously.

A while back she talked about throwing a party for her daughter, Hannah. She had the best idea for food- tacos!

Saturday was a family BBQ, the first one here at the new house. We were excited to have it even with the weather, but since it was supposed to rain we didn't want to grill.

In comes Carole. I remembered her post at 2:45am on Thursday morning. Don't ask why I was up, I just was. Anyhow, I remembered the tacos, I remembered how everyone went nuts for them at Hannah's party. Perfect! We could slice and dice everything the night before, throw it together a couple hours before the party and heat everything during the apps.

Don't you know- it worked perfectly!!

Dave wasn't a slave to the grill all afternoon, people kept commenting on what a great idea it was and were happy that they weren't eating the 180th hot dog of the summer.

It seemed like the fam liked the house. Not that it really mattered, but it felt good for my grandmother to say that she understood why we moved so far from her. And to see the look on her face as I showed her the master bedroom. :)

So, Carole, thanks for the great idea, albeit by accident. You saved my ass again, woman. I'll make sure to buy that iced tea for you at Rhinebeck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm so glad the taco bar worked out for you! I found that cooking the meat and chopping the veggies took longer than I thought it would but overall it was a simple way to have a lot of food for a party.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home