Thursday, September 04, 2008

Waiting All My Life For This.

I was an imaginative kid. I loved to dress up, imagine that I was living some grand adventure and not in my crappy life.
I really want to teach The Boy to use his imagination. I want him to be a policeman or firefighter or pilot in his mind. So far, he's been resistant (although he loves to try on new hats, we just don't own any that aren't Mommy's expensive hats.)
Yesterday, he asked to be Super Bunny, protector of the rabbits that live in my backyard.

Be still my beating mommy's heart.

He wore the cape all morning, even when the delivery guys brought up my new dresser. (They got a good chuckle out of it.)

He asked to wear it to bed, but didn't see too put off by not being able to. Today I asked if he wanted to be Super Bunny again, and he said no.

That's ok. The rabbits know where he lives if they need help.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's the BEST. I am anxiously waiting for my little boy to get excited about costumes. I hope, I hope!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

That's so cute. Who needs more than one day of being the Rabbit Protector?

8:08 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

what with my bunny chasin' cat and my bunny eatin' dog, there will always always be a place in my neighborhood for a protector of all bunnies. Let him know that if he changes his mind, he's got job security.

9:39 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

I love Super Bunny! Your boy is delightful.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Truly a precious moment:)

3:42 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

So cute!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's absolutely adorable.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home