Monday, September 29, 2008

Where'd This Come From?

The Boy is almost 3. I can't believe it! It seems like yesterday that I was pregnant with him.

I've talked a lot about my pregnancy here on the blog. It was sometimes wonderful, sometimes tough but always- always- I knew that things would work out. (Ok, it was a little touch and go the last few days of my pregnancy, but everything was fine, right?)

I always thought that I'd have more than one kid. Seriously, I thought I'd have 4. FOUR. Then we had The Boy. It's not his fault, as much as this statement is going to sound, but after him- I thought I was done. And that I was comfortable with that.

Until recently.

I don't know if it's the move or the birth of a friend's baby on my birthday or what, but...

I think I want another kid.

Is it nature? Is my body just telling me that it's finally ready? Is my head finally clear enough to make it work??

Although I have no idea how this happened, it's has been going on for awhile. It started a few weeks ago, after hearing Cara's baby laugh (scroll down to August 21, 2008). I'm drooling over babies in public, I'm having dreams that I'm pregnant or breastfeeding, and I cry at the stupid TLC shows with the newborns...

I have no idea if I can even GET pregnant again. The surgery in July went fine, but I'm still having periods like Niagara Falls in the spring time.

Hubs is all for it. When I told him on Saturday that I was thinking that I might want to start trying sometime in the near future, he said, "Take off your pants. Let's go."

Sigh.

Something tells me the next few months are going to be interesting.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love your husband's reaction - it's priceless!

4:46 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

That makes me smile so much- and be a little jealous that I've never felt that.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

You hubby is funny. I don't know where it came from, but hubby seems more than willing to put in all the effort that is required of him. ;)

6:22 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Don't worry I think most women go through things like this. Sometimes I look at my 2 year old and it makes me sad that I will never have all those baby moments again. No more first steps or first words and it makes me want to have another. But than I have to save her for the 5th time from choking cause she was eating her apple to fast and after she still coughs so hard she throws up on my carpet and than I remembe why I am pretty sure I am done having babies!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

You'll know when you're done having kids. For me, it was like a switch flipping. With my first and second, I would see babies and think, "Awwww, how cute!...I want one!" After my second I started seeing babies and thinking, "Awwww, how cute!...I'm so f*ing glad it's not mine!"

I've raised an only child (my stepson, now grown) and two sons together, and I can tell you that the kids and I agree that two is better than one for everyone--in our case; I would never presume to make that choice for anyone else.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband's reaction is adorable!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Go for it! It sounds like you're ready for #2.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it. I am so glad we had each and every one of our kids, even when we had one year where all four were teenagers. Worth every moment.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally caught up with every post you had while I was gone. Totally agree on the weight loss thing although I've never had been really too over weight, but I understand what you are saying with David struggling with it.

I think nature has it's own funny way of telling us when we are ready to do whatever, so have fun while making babies! :)

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home