Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Flurry of Activity.

Some call it Startitis.


There's babies on the way and I feel the need to make every single one something.

Here's a pink baby sweater for my across the street neighbor. I'm hoping to make matching booties and hat for her.
Imagine this photo is horizontal, ok?

Bone colored blanket and sweater. Yes, the sweater looks too small. No, I don't care. It's going off to someone who I don't know (Hubs' co-worker's wife) and will never meet. The blanket will go with the set.

I haven't decided if I'm going to fix the sweater or leave it as is. It is pretty close to a new born size. Maybe he-she can wear it home from the hospital?

Next:
Homespun hat. First time that I've ever worked with my homespun. EEk! I've run out of yarn, but I have more waiting to be plied. I also ran out of bobbins, so I ordered more from Amy of Spunky Eclectic. She got them to me super fast! (Rumor has it that the Fricke family is looking to retire. It's a rumor, but since I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and never heard back, I venture to say that something is up. Thankfully, Amy helped me out. But I'm worried that I may need parts in the future for my wheel and won't be able to get them. Grr.)
Now I have no excuse not to unpack and dust off that wheel.

One sleeve is done on Liesl, but it's too tight. I've been procrastinating on finishing the damn thing. Don't ask me why. (See Gail, I can procrastinate too!)

This is payment yarn from Schaefer.
Oh wait- I didn't tell you! Schaefer accepted one of my patterns. It's shown on their website. It's called the Heather Evolved Stole. YAY! I can now call myself a knitwear designer. (Ok, not really, but humor me.)


And in celebration of...well, nothing, I bought new clothes. B. Moss was having a one day sale and I got all of these for $81 bucks. Yep. I haven't calculated how much I saved, but trust me when I say that it was a LOT.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Congratulations on the pattern and the shopping!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats Knitwear Designer!!! :) I went online and saw it and LOVE IT!!! :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Absolutely wonderful news, Knitwear Desiner! The stole is beautiful...but am I complete idiot? Why can't I find where to buy the pattern?

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the pattern! I see the folks at Schaefer caught on to your color preferences for your payment! (or did you get to choose?).
p.s. procrasti-what?

12:14 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You're so good to knit for all those babies!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home