Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Can't Feel My Face

I've been coughing for over a week. Last night I'd had enough and decided to go to the walk in clinic here in town. (That was an experience all its own. In the old place, a clinic like that would have wall to wall people and a 2 hour wait. Here, there were 2 others and about a 10 minute wait.) I have post nasal drip and that's what's causing the cough.
I was told to take a benedryl before bed last night. Am I the only one who's body reacts to benedryl like it's meth? I was totally stoned about 25 minutes after taking it and asleep in 30. I remember The Boy waking a couple of times in the night, but being completely unable to get out of bed. Hubs had to get up. He never gets up. He must have known that I was out of it.
Thanks for the comments on the wedding. It was stressful. The Boy didn't want to listen to anyone, wanted to do his own thing and get into trouble. He also figured that his new tux shoes made big noises in the church and as he started down the isle, he was literally tap dancing. It was loud. My cousin (the groom's brother) picked him up quickly. At the end, he saw Daddy and ran to him. Hubs hung out in the nursery, missing the ceremony.

Here's us at the wedding.

I don't normally glow (I think). The camera wasn't mine.
The leaves are changing all around me. Brilliantly!

The Boy's park.

The driveway. Sigh. I love this.

Looking back at the house.

And lastly, knitting.

The beginning of Ysolda Teague's Liesl:

And a hat.

This hat is just one example of why I love Ravelry. Never in a million years would I have found this pattern without that site. I love it and I'm happy that I made it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Even if he didn't behave perfectly I bet he was perfectly adorable.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'll bet the boy was adorable in his tux. I was flower girl for my Aunt's weddign whenI was 2. Mom tells me I kept lifting my dress up during the ceremony and picking my nose. Yeah Liesl! I really wan tot start knitting that soon. Nice hat too.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look great! I've just been catching up (slowly) on the blogs...the new house looks great, too...beautiful grounds!

And I'm still giggling about Super Bunny. Adorable!

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home