Monday, October 27, 2008

If I Had a Million Dollars

Well, I don't really need a million for this, but it seems frivolous nevertheless.


My gym membership runs out in less than a week. Gulp.


There is really no other gym in my area, for the time being (there's 2 being built as I speak in the next town over), that I want to join- for various reasons.


I need to move on a daily basis. I need to work out. I know this. It's getting cold and I have a history of being inactive during the winter months. This leads to sadness and depression which leads to weight gain. But it's getting harder to justify keeping up a membership when I'm not happy there and nothing is going to change with them.


So, I think I'm in the market for a spin bike. It's the one thing in the gym that makes me happy, more than anything else ever. When I'm on the bike I feel free and strong, energized and light. I'm exhausted and wired all at once at the end of each class.

Spin bike.

So I did some online research. The bike I want is on ebay right now for $480- less than half what a one year membership to my gym costs (with babysitting). What kills me is the shipping- $150. So I looked where it's coming from- yeah, right here in good old CT, in a town about an hour from me. Wowza. That's a lot of shipping.

Should I email them and ask for a change in the shipping? Or if I could pick it up at their shop?


Sigh.


If I had a million dollars I wouldn't care about $150 bucks, but right now it seems like I could buy so much yarn with that cash, right? Haha! (Plus, with all that money I could get a really cute spin coach to come to my house and help me train. Right?)

ETA- I emailed, and since it's dropped shipped from the manufacturer, there's nothing they can do about shipping. Bummer.


More later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

I would ask about picking it up at their shop. You aren't that far from them and it might make a nice family outing.

Shipping costs don't always depend on distance, so you might not be able to get a break.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think you should ask if you can pick it up. They'd probably be thrilled to not have to pack it up.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I would definitely contact them about picking it up. I might also check Craig's List for a used one.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above. I would totally see if I can pick it up if I were you. And if there are a few people bidding on one already, ask them if they have a different one that you can do buy it now with them. Sometimes it's still cheaper than after all the bidding wars are done. Sometimes, it's a bit much, however, if there are a lot of people who wants it, it might save you the hassle of dealing with the uncertainty.

Can you tell we ebay a lot??? :P

3:52 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

See about picking it up. It never hurts to ask.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Ditto. They shouldn't have any problem with your picking it up.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party, but I agree with everyone else. Do it!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home