Monday, October 20, 2008

Rhinebeck Re-Entry

There's always a couple days of worthlessness whenever I return from Rhinebeck. This year is no exception, made worse by the virus that I still can't kick. I'm exhausted, I hurt everywhere and I just want to sleep. To say that I did too much isn't an exaggeration.



I didn't do too much damage on the wallet. Here's what I got:



Laceweight 55%/45% Silk & Yak (edited- I thought it was merino and yak. It's silk) from Skaska Designs. Yum!
Alice totally inspires me everytime I see her, never mind when she knits. I keep saying no more laceweight, then we go to these things and she lights up and I buy stuff. I was glad that I got this when I did though, it was the second to last skein.


6 Skeins of wool fromWild Apple Hill Farm- enough to make that cool Drops sweater that everyone made last year.

Cormo spinning fiber from Foxhill Farms.

And some corriedale/angelina fiber from Carolina Homespun.


I got the obligitory Christmas ornaments, which I get from every trip I take throughout the year. No photos, though.



That's it.


I did alot of eating, including an amazing juicy apple. Oh, and two whoopie pies, an apple crisp, an apple cider donut, a pumpkin donut, and filet mignon.


So much for that diet, eh?



One of the best parts of the trip was seeing one of Rebecca's patterns out in the wild, at a random vendor's pattern pole. Look at how happy she looks!





It was a great weekend away. I got to see some friends, eat like there's no tomorrow and buy fiber- what could be better?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That look so much fun! I want me some of those lace weight!!!!

Feel better girl!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the pumpkin donuts. I'll be looking for some next year. You bought yourself some good stuff.

Thanks for the info on the hook. I knew it had to have an important use in spinning or weaving . . . but that name!

Feel better.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad I bumped into you on Sunday. I also bought cormo and Wild Apple Farm yarn!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Too bad I didn't run into you at Rhinebeck. It was a fabulous weekend. I bought some of that Wild Apple yarn too. Had some chocolate creme brulee, french artichokes, and maple syrup cotton candy. Yum

12:56 PM  
Blogger JessaLu said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to see you...Wild Apple Farm and Cormo were in my bags, too! (sssshhh don't tell anyone, though!) ;o)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Great stuff! Alice is quite the lace (and spinning) enabler, isn't she :) And my, Rebecca does look excited - very cool! Mmm... the food sounds tasty :) (and you got a lot of walking in, right?)

I hope you get over your virus soon...

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home