Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Side Bang

You learn something new every day.
I went to the mall yesterday. The Boy was at my mother in laws and I had some shopping to do for Hubs' birthday. I walked by a salon there and I felt an instant draw to the place. Not a single person was sitting in the chairs, the hairdressers looked bored out of their minds. Not a good sign, in my opinion. I popped in and asked if I could get a cut done.
I sat in the chair- a bit nervous- this is the first person besides my hairdresser to touch my hair in 6 years. A nice girl name Ashley introduced herself and asked what I wanted to have done.
I have very fine, thin hair. There's not alot to be done. Just cut it.
She asked if I wanted layers, I said yes. She asked if I wanted to add color- um, no. She asked if I wanted side bangs. I gave her a look like, WTF is a side bang??
Apparently, it is bangs left a little long that are swept to the side of the face, sometimes tucked behind the ear.
Oh.
Yeah, give me some of that.
She did. My hair looks soft and full(er) and I love it. I was really nervous giving my head over to some new beauty school grad, but she did fine.
I've been sick the past few days, which means an excuse to sit and knit.
So I've been working hard on a new Deep Breath sweater.
There's been lots of in the car knitting with this one. I hope my stitches even out with blocking. I might make the bottom a bit longer, but otherwise I love it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

No pictures of the new haircut?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I love getting my hair cut...and most of the time I just let them do whatever...I haven't had a disaster yet...but then again I go in with no expectations other than getting rid of split ends. It would be hard to go to someone knew if you've had the same person for a long time though. Glad it all worked out!

That is such a cool color! It looks as though you're almost done!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

What a tease (pun intended)! C'mon--post a pic!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Side bang sounds good. Would love to see your hair! I love getting my hair cut - love the whole process and experience of having someone wash and cut my hair. Not always happy with the results, though. It's never the stylist's fault - I know it's just my hair!

Looks like you've gotten a lot done on the sweater. Looks good!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

How great that your hair cut worked out - all that foreboding language in your post had me worried for a bit!

I agree - we need a hair photo (maybe of you in your new Deep Breath sweater?) :)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home