Sunday, November 02, 2008

Saturday Night Special.

Last night found me home with The Boy but no Hubs (hey, the man needs time out with the friends, right?), feeling chilly and honestly, a bit restless and lonely. I was bored with knitting, bored with TV but in need of something.

What would Alice do?
Spin!
I dragged the wheel downstairs, lit some candles, and unwrapped it from the bubble wrap that has been on it since JULY!
My wheel was rusty. It still is, somewhat. It keeps wanting to either pull the fiber out of my hand or it jerks up onto the bobbin. What is that all about? I oiled everything up, and I had to change the brake on it. It's better, but not great.
Anyways, here's what I worked on last night:
Purple BFL. How can a girl be bored with purple BFL on the bobbin?
That's right, she can't be!
Today I got up and spun some more. This is upstairs in the guest bedroom.
Here's the black BFL that I plied.
I promise you that it looks better in the hat that I'm knitting with it. PROMISE. It is the first official christmas gift. Not saying for who, but with 7 more weeks to go and a few more gifts to make, I better get cracking!
And here is my sorry-ass excuse of a lazy Kate.
Um. hello, Santa? Are you listening? I need a better kate than this, please. Thank you.
And I'm also designing again for Schaefer.

How was your weekend?

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I bet it felt great to be spinning again. My weekend was a good combination of relaxing and socializing.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I just started up with the spinning wheel again, too. Must be the time of year. Either that or it's the overwhelming disaster area that is the yarn closet.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home