Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saturday

Pretty shot of the stone wall outside. The gray days are making me insane.
We got a cord of wood delivered yesterday. Since it was dark out by the time Hubs came home from work, we had to stack it this morning. It's been rainy here for (what feels like) years. It hasn't really been years, just a couple of days. But when you are a stay at home mom with a very active almost 3 year old, every rainy day feels like years.

Anyhow, I (unnecessarily, it's 65 degrees outside) bundled up The Boy while Hubs put the new wheel barrow together and we all went outside as a family, to stack aforementioned firewood.

Here's Hubs and The Boy putting the wheel barrow together. Be still my momma's heart.
And another cute one. The Boy is tinkering with his truck as Hubs is tinkering with the wheelbarrow.
So adorable.

We have the wood stacked onto 2 large metal firewood holders. The guy gave us a generous cord, there's still a third of the pile left to be done.

(Side story, further proving that in another life I was a psychic- We were busy stacking and I kept having visions of The Boy playing around us, and all of the sudden one of the metal holders collapse onto The Boy. The visions wouldn't leave me. While we were stacking he was all over the place, running from his park to the side of the house, to the deck- you get the idea. There was no reason for me to be concerned. He really wasn't near the wood. I told Hubs about the visions and he said not to worry about it, that it was just my brain being weird. Wouldn't you know that The Boy started to play behind the wood, between the stack and the house? And about 2 minutes after we shoo'ed him out of there the entire stack FELL ONTO THE HOUSE- right where he was playing! It would have crushed him. Hubs looked at me and said, "Sometimes you scare me.")
Well, after that The Boy and I left Hubs outside to figure out how to stablize the wood better. He did and it looks great. Now all we need are temps below 65 degrees to have a fire. LOL
Here's yet another baby sweater (Rav link) that I'm making. I borrowed Clara Parkes' Knitters Book of Yarn from the library. Great book. It should be in every knitter's library, I think.
And the last of the purple BFL is on the bobbin. Now I just need to figure out how the heck to ply it so that it has a better combo of color. Right now everything is so color blocked. I'll figure out what to do with it eventually.
Tomorrow, Second Sunday Spinners! YAY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Wow that's quite a story about the wood falling on your son. I'm so glad it didn't happen the way you envisioned it.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home