Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Taking the Long Way Home.

Sunday was Second Sunday Spinners, which is a group of fiber folks who gather here in CT and spin...um, every second Sunday of the month. This was the first time that I travelled from the new house to a meeting. I decided to follow the GPS, although I don't always trust it.

Let me tell you, if I didn't already love CT, I'd have fallen hard after that drive. I love this area. There's farms, quiet downtowns, random streams and lots of cows. I love taking the long, scenic route and this didn't disappoint.



No photos though, I was on a time limit both going there and back.


I spun up some of Gale's Art BFL roving. The colorway is Rose Garden. Really pretty. (Parts of the roving were felted. Grr. The fiber wanted to be spun thick, thicker than I wanted- but after fighting with it for so long, I gave up and spun it thick. It went quick, I did 4 ounces in less than 4 hours, but I have no idea what to ply it with or what to do with the stuff I have on the bobbin now.)

I have many finished things to show off. Ready?
Here's a baby sweater and a blanket:




Dave's co-worker's wife is expecting any day now. The both the white sweater and blanket go to them. I'll definately make the cardigan pattern again. I hope it fits as well as I think it will.


This pink sweater is for my neighbor, Cheryl. Her shower is next week! I'm so jealous of women who are still stick figures after being pregnant for 8 months. Seriously, I was a house. No, not a house, a skyscraper. I was huge. Anyhow, she looks great. I hope she likes the sweater.

Here's my first homespun hat:
Hubs promised me not to wear it in public. It's lumpy and bumpy and weird. The photo doesn't show just how uneven this hat is. But I'm proud of it. I just don't want anyone to think that I bought my husband something so ugly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baby Beth said...

I love the colors from that roving. They are so bright and great...definitely not fall-y but seeing those colors make me long for the summer.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all your FOs! Wow.

(The hat looks great - let him wear it. Hell, MAKE him wear it.)

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that white baby sweater. It's so cute!

The homespun hat is great!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home