Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This, Now That

Schaefer Yarn Co has always been very generous to their model knitters. Earlier this year they sent me 2 skeins of Helene, their merino/silk blend yarn. It's a single ply and sometimes single plies can be known to pill. One way to solve the problem? Plying!

So last night I set up the wheel and plied both skeins together. I had no worries that they'd match (after all they are the same colorway.) It took awhile to ply, there's over 200 yards per skein. But it was worth the work.

This:


is now that:

Amazing colors! I can't wait to start knitting with this stuff!!

Life's good when you are a very spoiled knitter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea. It came out gorgeous. Must learn how to spin.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nifty! I probably wouldn't have thought of that.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Smarty pants!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home