Monday, December 15, 2008

Ah, Terrazzo...How Healing You Are.

Now that the weight loss challenge and the semester are over, I feel like I have a lot of free time. (I understand that to some, being a stay at home mom means it's all free time, but trust me- it's not.)
Anyhow, I've been working on Terrazzo, spinning and even finding time to decorate my tree!
Last night I sat and knit, thinking of what I wrote earlier that day and trying to sort it out in my head. (I still don't have the answer.)
Here's the fronts of the sweater:
Still don't like the yarn. But I love the pattern! The cables forced me to pay attention, while the Terrazzo stitch portion allowed for my mind to wander. Perfect.
Here's what these two look like when they are plied. My plying sucks, but I have no idea where to get lessons to improve on it. It's not really a beginner's spin class issue, but I'm not confident in taking an advanced class....I guess I'll just keep on practicing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baby Beth said...

I'm so expert, but I think the ply looks great.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

It's got to feel great to not have the deadlines looming over your head.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love that cabley goodness. I think you plying looks good. I have some plying issues (sometimes too much and not enough, general uneveness) and don't know what to do about it either. None of the books I have seems to help. I guess practice must be the solution.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me - your plying SO doesn't suck!! Your yarn actually looks like a light twist soft-spun. New spinners seem to be sidetracked by thinking that their yarn HAS to look like millspun - and it doesn't. You would be surprised how "imperfect" spun yarn looks just fine knit up. Just remember that your singles are the foundation for your finished yarn. Some of the twist is going to come out when you ply because you're twisting in the other direction. Adjust the twist of your singles and it will change your finished yarn. Play with it. Practice. Don't lose sight of the fact that spinning is fun & relaxing - there are no spinning police!!
And I really love the Terrazzo!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home