Friday, December 12, 2008

Double Knots are a Rough Way to Start a Morning.

I found this gem at about 6:50 this morning. DAMN YOU double knots!Yes, I was up and knitting that early. Between the heavy rains, winds, and a certain young boy yelling, "AWAKE, MAMA! Good Mornnnninnnngg!", it was tough to sleep past 6 am.
So I knit.
And finished the sleeves on Terrazzo.
They may be a smidge too long, but I'm never knitting them again. I felt like I would never, ever stop knitting them. Seriously. (It could have had something to do with the lack of good TV last night. Or lack of sleep.) I'll cast on tonight for the fronts. I just hope they aren't as painful.

I also did a bit of Christmas knitting. This was a take anywhere project.

Hat for my mom's boyfriend. Since my dad isn't in the picture, Walt has done a bang up job as The Boy's grandfather (perhaps an even better one than my dad could have ever done...but that's another post.) and deserves hand knits. He's one of those guys (are any of them not?) who has everything, wants nothing and is content with seeing everyone happy. I hope he wears it in good health.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Double knots are a crime, heh. Walt deserves a nice hat:)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

At least the knots were close together and you could fix them in one fell swoop. Love the hat.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home