Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, Snow....and More Snow.

I'm used to New Haven snowstorms. I've lived in that area most of my life. We'd get much, much less than the rest of the state, mostly from the warmer temps causing the snow to turn to rain at some point.

Since we moved north, we knew we'd have more snow. I had no idea what to expect (and still don't) but this is what we got last night (and as of 11 am today, it's still snowing).

Last night around 7 pm:

This morning around 6:30 am:

As of a few minutes ago:
The shitty-ass job of plowing that my guy did:

(and if he thinks he's getting $50 bucks out of us for this mess, he's on crack.)

Basically, we're snowed in. We don't own a snowplow or blower, it's over 10 inches of snow out there and would take a million years to shovel.

Sigh.
Instead of going bonkers, I'm knitting and baking.
I finished the fronts of Terrazzo this morning.
I'm going to put it all together in a little while, smack a collar on it, then attempt to block it.
I'm thinking this baby might be done for Christmas! We'll see how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baby Beth said...

OMG, next time they predict a snow storm, I'm driving my ass to your place. I love getting snowed in!

Have fun baking. Terrazo looks great.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your terrazo looks beautiful! The snow is beautiful, too.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater looks lovely so far! Isn't snow awesome? ;o)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

Yeah, that driveway doesn't look plowed at all - hope you got to enjoy the snow, though!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home