Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lush and Lacy Pockets

We woke to more snow this morning. Only about 4 inches, but enough to make the roads slippery. I was supposed to have Second Sunday Spinning today, but it was cancelled. Instead I get to listen to the screams, bellows, and swears of 5 or 6 grown men watching football downstairs. Oh, joy.

The Lush and Lacy cardigan is coming along. I haven't had a load of time to work on it the past few days but with the large needle size, it's moving quick.

And I corrected the front pockets. Here's photos.

Wrong. Just wrong. You can see the purl stitches behind the ribbing. I knew this was incorrect, but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.


Corrected. Everything flows.



And the backside of the pocket. It gets tacked down in the back, instead of sewn into the front of the garment. Oh...yeah, that makes much more sense.

It's corrected now. (And can I just say how happy I am that I didn't email the designer and embarrass myself completely??)

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm sorry your spinning day got canceled. Stupid snow.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

Aaargh, football. I hope you got some sunshine up there, though - I took the dog for a hike in the woods through the fresh snow and it was quite beautiful.

8:53 PM  
Blogger EGunn said...

Those panels look great. I really like the yarn color, and the way it looks in the patterned stitches. Glad you figured out those pockets!

11:35 PM  
Blogger craftivore said...

I love the Lush and Lacy pattern with the cute bell sleeves. Yours is already looking great, I can't wait to see it finished.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home