Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pride

We've been looking into area things for The Boy to do. He behaves so much better when we don't sit on the couch all day. (Shocking, I know.) He's going to the library's storytime and if he ever decides to piss in something other than his own pants, he'll go to nursery school.
It was pretty much a given that my kid, being a product of my hockey-playing-and-loving husband, would one day learn to ice skate. Hubs found a learn to skate program open to kids his age so we decided to sign The Boy up.
There is nothing cuter than 3 and 4 year old kids getting on the ice for the first time.


The Boy spent a majority of the time either on his butt:
Or on his knees.
Regardless of his position, he would not leave the yellow cones that the instructors set up alone. (He's also on the wrong side of the cones in each of the above photos.)
Finally, with a bit of help,
he stood.
And by the end of the session,
He skated.
Yesterday was a good day to be Jack Henry's Momma.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable! Go Jack Henry. When do they give them a hockey stick?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

OMG! If you were Jewish I would tell you that I'm shepping nachas! That basically means that I'm proud for you. That's so beautiful. I can't wait for the day that I can take Ben skating or out on his bike or even on a skateboard. Precious!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home