Friday, January 30, 2009

Thanks.

Thank you all for reminding me that I'm not always crazy. She was very inappropriate. Repeatedly. And no, if I was a consumer shopping in store and was treated that way, I wouldn't continue to support them. That said, I didn't call to complain yet. And no, I didn't find a new doctor either.

I have been calling other OBGYN offices in the area and think that I found one that meets all my requirements- mostly female doctors, onsite ultrasounds, and other little things...but I want to see what happens with this appointment.

I also have some worrisome things going on. 2 days ago my boobs stopped hurting (with The Boy they hurt for 4 months), last night I had cramps that woke me up, today I haven't had any morning sickness (and I've been really nauseous for the last few days).

I called one of the other offices in my doctor's group (I didn't want to talk to that shark again) and the nurse assured me and reassured me that it's totally normal. She told me what to look out for with a miscarriage- spotting, bleeding, heavy cramps. Since I've had no spotting, I'm trying to stay positive.

But I can't let go of not having any morning sickness. Seriously. I have such a weak stomach that anything throws me off. To suddenly NOT have it makes me think something is wrong.

(Also, my orginal doctor couldn't give me any references. I asked, but since she's in another county she really had no clue who to refer me to. And CTJen, I'd love to be in your area, but Southbury is an hour away, Danbury is even farther. Thanks for the imput though. They sound awesome.)

5 Comments:

Blogger EGunn said...

Maybe your body just decided to give you a break for a day? Those symptoms don't seem all that bad, but I can see how any little thing might make you worry. Hope you're sick again tomorrow morning! (I mean that in good way, of course...) =P

10:08 PM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

I know you're worried, and I understand why, but pregnancy - especially early pregnancy - is such a weird and unpredictable thing, symptom-wise. I have a VERY upsettable stomach, and only threw up twice while I was pregnant. Most days I had very low-grade nausea, or not even nausea, but just a total aversion to food. I spotted repeatedly, at 9 and 13 weeks, and my boobs stopped being sore almost as soon as they started. And . . . twins!

I hope - and believe - that everything is fine with you.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Windsor's a bit far for you to go, isn't it? I know a great OBGYN whose practice is in Windsor, but she's affiliated with St. Francis Hospital in Hartford. Drop me an email if you're interested, and I really hope the symptoms are nothing big. *hugs*

5:17 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Obviously you know your body better than anyone. But it seems like the no-spotting thing is key. When is your doctor's appointment?

7:42 AM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

I don't know if third hand stories about other people are consoling or not, but my former boss's daughter was sick and miserable throughout here first pregnancy (not quite your level of sickness, in that she wasn't ever admitted to the hospital, but she threw up every single day, at all times of day, and had to drop out of college because she couldn't not throw up long enough to go to class). So she was very worried about how she'd care for Child #1 while she was that sick when pregnant Child #2. But it turned out that she was fine the second time--like her body had learned to be better at being pregnant, or something. So maybe that's it?

Anyway, I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home