Thursday, February 19, 2009

Battle Weary.

As expected, this pregnancy has been kicking my ass.

Seriously, I have bruises.

And drugs.
The drugs are to combat some of the nausea that I've had 24-7. How do I know that I was sick 24 hours a day? I would dream that I was barfing or seasick. So gross. And no escape.

The drugs cause drowsiness, which would be fine if I didn't have a 3 year old to mind. And I'm still puking, which is worrisome. I'm going to give the drugs another day or two in my body and see if it improves.
I had the pleasure of an ER trip last Sunday. I was spotting very heavy after doing housework. It went away eventually, but not before a really embarrassing (I think for him and me) internal exam by a male ER doctor. He was very gentle- it was the first exam by a male doctor ever for me- yikes.
All that time in the ER meant knitting! YAY!
5 Hour Baby sweater that took 2 weeks. Love it though! It's for my friend from middle school's baby to be. Robyn and I lost touch when she moved out of town our freshman year. She contacted me on Facebook in May and we've been chatting ever since!
Next up:

Model knitting for Schaefer.

I should get cracking on it!

So, what have I missed in the last couple of weeks?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're having such a tough time. I hope the nausea passes soon. At least you were able to get some beautiful knitting done. The baby sweater is gorgeous!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuk, sorry you're having a tough time. i hope that it means the pregnancy is strong.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you're having a hard time with the morning sickness. I've heard that means the pregnancy is a strong one (whatever that means!). Hope you feel better soon!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you in like 12 years!! I'm taking a class wed nights so I won't be at SnB for a while. Sorry to hear about the sickness and ER. Beautiful baby sweater though!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I've been thinking about you and am glad you posted. I was gonna e-mail you but I can see that you are....busy, to put it delicately. :D Hopefully we'll see you soon? Or at least hear more from you.

*hugs*

12:09 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Ooh, yuck. Hope you feel better soon!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are alive...you were starting to get me worried. I see the worrying was justified. Hope the drugs help you. Take it slow. Feel better in what 7-8 months? (if you happen to ever got to Yale call me I'll sneak you what ever I can from 3-11pm Yale internal #8-8387 - - that goes for all of you!)

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the ass-kicking. :o( I hope you feel better soon!

My big news? I got a new wheel... ;o)

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home