Monday, April 13, 2009

The View From Here.

I'm out of Zofran, the one drug that made my life bearable. I was paying $20.00/ dose. I can't afford that any longer. My next appointment is tomorrow, I'll find out then what my options are. I've lost more weight- I'm down to the 120's. I'm vomiting (out of control) now that I don't have any drugs in me. Lucky for me, I have the home IV's pumping me up, twice a day, every day. This is my second bag of the day, which means I have some freedom for the rest of the afternoon. I say "some freedom" because I need to stay close to the bathroom.

And the bills have started to appear.
Good Christmas.
Even with insurance covering 80%, we're still going to be responsible for thousands of dollars. And we haven't even had the c-section yet. Sigh.
Oh! And we're supposed to be going on a family vaca to Disney World and Daytona Beach, Fl. in May. How the hell am I going to pull this off?

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oh boy. I hope you get some really great answers tomorrow.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

bills=not cool.
out of meds=not cool.
losing weight=not cool.

I hope the doctor has good news for you... :-(

11:41 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Look into programs that'll help you pay for the bills...they might just be for people without insurance, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous SouthMaine / Judy said...

(remembering an old story) Go through hubby's pockets when you do laundry. You might find some money to pay the bills. :)

Take it one day at a time. Don't let the bills stress you out. One day you will pay them but nothing says you have to pay them this year.

Wishing you well for the doctor's appointment.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Oh, my - it sounds really, really rough! I'm thinking positive thoughts for you guys. I hope the doctor has something useful to say...

I'm home with a little stomach bug, but it pales in comparison to what you're going through... yeesh!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Imbrium said...

Good crap, sweetie.

I wish I had something more to offer. I really just want to give you a big hug. I know I've been quiet, but I'm thinking about you all the time.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

I'm so sorry this pregnancy has been so hard on you. :o( I hope you feel better soon...

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home