Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hey, Camera! Where Have You Been?

So I haven't had a chance to post, mostly because once again, I couldn't find my camera.

I have a bit of catch-up to play. The last weekend of April is CT Sheep and Wool Fest. This year Alice was kind enough to drive me. I had fears of having to stay patheticly home, whimpering that no one loved me enough to come all the way out and drive me to the show. At that point I think I still had the IV in, but was not using it. I remember that I didn't have my strength back and was worried that I wouldn't make it walking around in the sun, never mind driving around the state by myself.

Anyways, we went, we saw sheep, we bought stuff.

6 Ounces of merino/silk from Hampden Hills Alpacas in Mass.

2 Skeins of pretty purple Comfy Sock "sale" yarn from Dye Dreams. It says that it's a color experiment, but I love it and saved a ton of money. I'm using it now to make...
a sock. Sigh. More on socks tomorrow. (Ignore the color on the photo below. I swear it's purple yarn.)I also bought a stitch marker from Glastonbury Glassworks. Adorable!! I didn't take a photo of it, but this is the one I bought.

I also celebrated a big birthday on Saturday. I turned 35. I love it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I think the sock looks great, even if you perhaps aren't loving it. Happy belated birthday!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your big birthday! So glad you're feeling less terrible these days!
Hugs,
Sami

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home