Thursday, May 28, 2009

Semi-Converted.

So I decided on my birthday to knit a sock. I saw this pattern, swooned, argued with myself that maybe I could barter with Rebecca again and she would knit them for me, chastised myself because I'm a grown adult who knits perfectly fine and I can make my own damn socks.

So I hopped into Village Yarns in Glastonbury (totally in the middle of renovations and a mess. Will go in later in the summer and see how the store should look. High prices, but that's to be expected for the area.) and bought a set of size 2 DPNs.


I have plenty of stashed sock yarn, don't ask me why since I don't knit socks. So I wound it, printed the pattern and I casted on.

At first it was a mess of poking needles, swearing, dropping stitches...then something clicked.

I was getting it.

And it was looking like a sock!

YAY!

I finished the first one this morning. It fits perfectly.

Perhaps I'm not a total convert- yet. I can see why people like to knit them. It knit up quick, even with the pattern. It's hard taking photos of yourself wearing socks in general, try factoring not being able to see your feet while standing upright, thanks to the big baby pot attached to your front.
Tomorrow, what was purchased at Mass Sheep and Wool. Here's a preview. Ah, Leslie Wind....how I love your pretty pretties.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Well done you!

Quick, sometimes easy and much cheaper than sweaters. Easier to carry around, too.

Now knit the other one! ;^)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Beautiful! I think that pattern might be the second pair to be knit...

12:42 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

Does Leslie Wind have a website? That's got to be the most beautiful needle I've ever seen!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Hurray!

I may need to make some any way, once I recover from these last 2 pairs (I've made it to the heel of the second sock of pair 51... so close!). What pattern is it?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

So where's the other sock?

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Eklectika said...

Mwahaha - you are a sock knitter now!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Lovely! Uhm...you have a second one planned for the other foot...right? ;o)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Lovely sock! (oooo... and that needle is gorgeous)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home