Monday, June 08, 2009

Audi Love.

This is sitting in my garage. We brought her home yesterday.

Fast doesn't even begin to describe it. Seriously, I'm used to a V-6 Pontiac Grand Prix with a supercharger, and this thing BLOWS that car away. Hubs, who had the GP since his bachleor days, agrees. It wants to fly, but at the same time sticks to the road. It corners like nothing I've ever experienced before. And it looks adorable too.

I love this car. I tried really, really hard to hate it. In my mind I thought we'd get a cheaper new car, with some bells and whistles. This car is used, but has all the bells, whistles, and then some. It gets way better gas mileage that the new cars we test drove and it has TURBO! Best part, it was cheaper than the new cars that I was looking at and still has almost 30K left on the warranty. We got a crap financing rate, but Hubs made the point that he would be getting a commission check in August that would cover the cost of the car and we'd be able to pay off the loan then. (Gotta love sales.)

Unfortunately, I now have the task of calling the super-sweet Subaru dealer and telling her that I bought the Audi instead. I really connected with her (and the Impreza) but it wasn't the right one for me.

Should I buy blue aviator sunglasses and fingerless gloves to match?

(And funny story- it was about 9 pm last night and Hubs was sitting watching tv. He suddenly jumps up and says, "Hey, want some ice cream?" Um, yeah man. I'm pregnant. I never say no to the cream. Anyhow, he grabs MY keys and says, "I'll be taking the long way. Be back soon!" I think he likes the car too. lol)

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Congrats! Drive her well.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Lovelovelove Turbo! Most fun car I've ever had? V6 Turbo. Hooo boy! Too bad she was such a bad girl maintenance wise. Have fun and watch out for coppers!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Maybe you need coordinating knitting projects--blue Knucks with Audi on them?

8:16 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Beautious! I say "HELL YEAH!" to the driving gloves (lion brand has a crochet pattern) and avi's. Did you go to a dealer? I'm still looking for a new car.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

I am blue with envy! ;o)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home