Saturday, June 13, 2009

Charades

So what do you think is in my knitting bag these days?

Yeah, I'm sunk.
Sock one of Charade, from I May Be Knitting a Ranch House. (Does she still blog? I loved her stuff.) These are on size 1's, which I got FREE at SnB a couple of weeks ago (and the very same day that I went to 2 stores looking for size 1's. Strange, eh?)

Anyhow, Gale asked some New Haven SnB'ers to knit something for the upcoming AIDS Project New Haven Annual Gala and Auction. Somehow, I felt the need to knit a pair of socks. I think we're getting a few pairs together to be sold as a lot, but maybe I'm mistaken on that. lol.
I'm somewhat bored with this pattern already, perhaps because my mind is so cluttered with the 1000 other things I have to get done around here. I'm officially in my third (gulp) trimester and I have nothing accomplished regarding this kid.
We are also expecting guests tomorrow, in the middle of the week, and next Saturday, most of which haven't seen the new house and who I expect will want a tour of it. So copious amounts of cleaning have been going on.

2 Comments:

Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Those are gorgeous, thanks so much for finding time to do this for the auction! You're right, we're aiming for a luxury auction item , "a weeks worth of handknit socks".
ps good luck with the visitors

11:20 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Those are beautiful socks and it's so generous of you to knit them for charity. Have fun with all of your house guests.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home