Thursday, June 04, 2009

I'm No Stunt Woman.

So 2 nights ago I fell down our stairs. Part of me wonders how I lasted in this house almost a year without falling down (or up) the stairs before.

But anyways.

I ran up stairs to get a ball of yarn. As I was coming down I got lightheaded, tried to grab the bannister and down I slid.

The worst of the damage was to my shoulder. I tried breaking my fall by reaching my right hand behind me, but as I slid down the stairs the arm was pulled farther and farther back.

Hubs heard the fall, ran to see what had happened, but I was in so much pain that I couldn't talk. I felt like I had dislocated the shoulder and I just wanted to catch my breath.

After realizing that I was in one piece and that the baby was ok, he started asking me questions. I could make a fist, but my fingers were numb/tingling. I could move my elbow without issue, but couldn't move my shoulder without pain.

We got ice on the shoulder. I took 2 tylenols and after about an hour I knit.

It still hurts like hell. I've been doing stretches for the past 2 days, massaging the area a few times a day and trying to remember to take it easy.

It was scary though. Perhaps it's time to install an escalator?

I'm going to try to find time to post another interesting thing that's been going on in Castle Campbell. It involves many men, a few big trucks and lots of steamy asphalt.

More later!

6 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

Good God, woman! I'm so glad to hear you're all right. I hope your shoulder/arm heals quickly and in time for the baby.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oh, boy, I'm glad you're okay!

I fell down the stairs once carrying a baby and a toddler. I was only one week post op for major abdominal surgery and on my own with the kids. Fortunately, I just slipped and landed on my butt with the kids on top of me and no one was hurt, but that was the last time I carried them down together.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I am so relieved that you weren't hurt more seriously! You must be more careful. Maybe it's time to move the yarn downstairs.

9:45 PM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

ow! no more running in the house for you, young lady! :)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Yikes! Feel better!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home