Monday, June 01, 2009

Mass Sheep and Wool

I've been waiting to post an outstanding photo of my new pair of socks. Unfortunately, I was rather green most of today so I didn't get to finish them. Yet.
That's right, a PAIR of socks. All ya'll askin' where the second sock was can bite it.

Tomorrow. Haha.

For today, I have Mass Sheep and Wool. I went Sunday with Baby Beth. We had a great time, she had no problem with me peeing or eating every 20 minutes (but not at the same time) and was happy to leave when I was.

It was quiet. It was weird being up there and having NO ONE around. Seriously. I joked with Beth that I felt like I should start throwing elbows at random people because typically at fiber shows to get close to most of the popular booths, sometimes you need to elbow in. (Oh, come on...like you don't do that!)

We also met up with Rebecca and her husband. He made a swift getaway and we shopped.

I bought some fiber, I'm a sucker for the non-mohair sparkly stuff and found some at one booth. Pretty. I also found cormo-soy silk blend. HEAVENLY!! I wanted to by every ounce in every color, but I've never spun it before and was a bit intimidated by it.
Cormo/Soy silk on left, Cormo/Angelina on right. Close in color, and super smooshy!

I got a set of stitch markers. They were a bit on the expensive side, but I have no problem paying for handmade things like this.

And the Leslie Wind needle. Sigh. I love this thing. Seriously, I want to wear it around my neck! It's THAT beautiful. I also asked her why she never makes smaller (like dime/nickel sized) round shawl pins. I'm small and the larger ones just overpower me, I think. She offered to sit and make a proto-type while I was at the fair. Whoa. How's that for customer service? I told her that I'd email her because I wasn't sure how long I'd be at the fair.
We came home in the nick of time. We drove through one hell of a rain storm and after we got home, the storms really fired up.

All in all, it was a good trip. I wish I brought my wheel (and Alice) but it was fun.

Tomorrow, more bragging about my socks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous JessaLu said...

Can't wait to see your socks...both of them. ;op

11:03 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Great purchases. I really love those stitch markers and Leslie's stuff is always wonderful.

7:20 AM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

nice haul! :) And happy belated birthday! I wish I could have gone with you on Sunday for fiber smooshing. Ah, well--next time!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Tina M. said...

It was quiet there, wasn't it? I dare say it was at least 1/3 to 1/2 as full as normal, which is a shame for the vendors. And there were definitely less vendors this year. :(

I had fun though, and I'm glad you did too! I actually thought I saw you while I was there, but I wasn't sure... and I'd already freaked out my quota of people for the day. :P

Love the needle, and the fiber... but especially the needle. Wow.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home