Tuesday, July 14, 2009

As Promised.

So here are some photos of the library. (No our living room is NOT that green color. It's beige. Why it looks so green in the photo, I'll never know. The blue is pretty close to true.)I know it looks like we still have alot of room, but trust me when we say that we're in a bit of a panic over how little room is left. We don't want the kids to be able to get into our "good books" so the first and second level are basically useless for the time being. We're planning on putting baskets on 3 of the bottom shelves (for toys for the boys) and letting them have a shelf for their books.

My favorite part? Stars. I love stars. Hubs found these wooden blocks with etched stars in them, just for me. Sigh. He still has some finishing work to do- as you can tell by the reflection of the nails seen above.

I'm so proud of him for moving on this project and for almost having it done. It felt GREAT to unpack our beloved books. And even better to have the boxes out of our basement, attic, closets, and gargage.

What do you think of the room?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Annika said...

It looks amazing!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

He built those? Wow! I love them! As a bibliophile myself, I have bookcases in every room except the bathrooms, and then only because of the moisture issue. If you really run out of space, you can stack your paperbacks two deep on those shelves and no one will ever notice. (You can also fit a lot of books in rectangular baskets under the beds. Ask me how I know.)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looks really great! So different than when I went to visit! :)

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Marla said...

Wow! He did a great job. I showed the pics to my husband and he's impressed too.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*jealous* It looks great!

Also, I "aww'd" at boyS. :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Oh! I love it! Now you need beautiful, comfy and soft leather couches/chairs to just melt into and read....but maybe when the boys get older. haha Oooh, oooh...maybe an old roll top desk too. You can write me letters there. ;) Tell Hubs I think he did a magnificent job.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOVE IT!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

Lovely! And congratulations for getting books out of boxes! (I fear we never will...)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I like the stars too! ;)

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Wisconsin Anne said...

What a beautiful job, I'm jealous! I really like how the shelves aren't backed, so the wall color shows through. So many built-ins cover the whole wall.

When the twins were babies we weren't able to move all of our books out of their reach, so we wedged them in tightly enough that their little fingers weren't able to pull them out. It didn't hurt the books and the kids gave up on trying to pull them down after a while.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home