Tuesday, July 07, 2009

At the Library

Once again this morning I get up, turn on the early morning news and the weather man is pumped. Sigh. Summer storms rolling through as I type this, with more on the way. No hail, only thunder and lightning. But the sky is a bit murky green...keeping an eye on the weather channel and (I hate to admit this) Michael Jackson's memorial.

Also, knitting.
Still working Buttercup. I thought it was going to be too big. Christie finished hers, I commented that I thought mine was going to be too large. And as a voice of reason, she emailed me and told me to make sure it wasn't too big or I'd have alot of work to redo.

I tried it on. It was huge. I decided to knit the neckline, going down to a size 4 (should have used a 5) and I added a couple extra rows. I tried it on and it fit better. It's still a bit....blouse-y, but I think it looks good. I'm also adding width and length. I'm getting bigger (7 months yesterday!) and I have a feeling I'm going to wear this thing out.

In other news around the house, Hubs started working on the library again. Remember that project?

This is what the room looked like when we moved in. Toys, carpet, white paint...yuck.

He started it in March or April, stalled because of my sickness, then the warm weather came and outside stuff needed to be done. Now, he's picked up the nail gun once more and has been tearing it up! The painting and floor has been done for awhile. The shelves went up over the weekend. I'm loving how it's coming along. We already have books on some of the shelves.

His attention to detail is amazing. There's still alot of work to be done, but I'm so excited to have a library that I can't stand it!

This is the only furniture we have for the room, but that will change once he completes the shelves. We have different visions furniture-wise, so this could get interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's a huge improvement in the room!

7:59 AM  
Blogger weeble wobble said...

I remember that wooden chest! I love it.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Beautiful room!

Summer storms. Thunder and lightning. I remember those. Try to tell my too-Californian kids that summer rain is supposed to happen and that it's supposed to be warm, and noisy, and they'll go huh?

I miss me a decent summer storm.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home