Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Central Park Hoodie- Done!


I started a CPH a couple weeks ago. Jenn and I emailed each other back and forth, she was interested in making it- I had the pattern. It's a sweater that I wanted for awhile, but never started.
Well, once I started, I couldn't stop- including seaming in 90+ degree heat.
The sweater fits, except across the belly. I'm hoping that nature will take care of that in...oh, 6 weeks.
Yes, in 6 weeks I'm having a scheduled c-section. And my tubes tied...tightly, haha.
I look forward to living the rest of my life knowing that I will never, ever have to bear children ever again. I'm HORRIBLE, I know- but I can not do this again. I want Hubs to get lasered, just for the hell of it (hey, if I can go through 9 months of hell, then delivery, he should get his fair share, right?) and to double the re-assurance.
I have to figure out my next project. I bought a ton of yarn at Webs a few weeks ago and I know I have to start Christmas knitting soon. There's also a few babies being born to friends and I want them to have something special. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Love!

Well done!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

You are. not. horrible.

There is nothing wrong with deciding not to have more children. I made that decision after I nearly died during my second pregnancy, and I don't regret it a bit. The only thing I regret is that I couldn't get my tubes tied (I didn't have a c-section and abdominal surgery is too risky with my medical condition). My husband finally agreed to get snipped, though (nine years later), and I can't wait!

Good luck with your delivery!

3:24 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

That sweater made me smile. Yay you!

5:47 PM  
Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love that cph. I never felt that drawn to the pattern but yours is doing it for me. Schaefer yarn?

12:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

ZOMG your CPH is awesome!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Schaefer Yarns Miss Priss in Georgia O'Keefe. Completely and totally my favorite yarn to work with. I'm not a huge fan of multi-color, but suck it up for their yarns. Best stuff!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Dottie said...

That sweater is gorgeous and congrats on having a great preganancy. I delivered via c-section and I think it's great that you've made the decision with your family!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Beautiful sweater! And what's right for you is right for you. Don't let anyone judge you for it.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home