Thursday, September 17, 2009

Saturday.

So Friday night into Saturday morning I had contractions every 3-5 minutes. Some I didn't feel, some felt like a big uterus hug, some really f'ing hurt. I couldn't relax. Finally, at 5 am I asked for something to make me sleep. My doctor gave me a very low dose of morphine.

Yahoo. It was given to me in my IV, and I swear that I felt it in about 3 seconds. I must have drooled on myself by 10 seconds. Delightful.

I slept one hour. ONE HOUR. I woke up having the mother of all contractions, asked for more morphine. I slept another hour.

During this time I was also doing a 24-hour pee test. I had to save all of my urine in a jug so that they could test that. I started it at 8 pm Friday. By 10pm on Saturday we'd have the results and if they were bad, we'd have a c-section that night. If the results were good, we'd wait a few more days before taking the baby. Remember, he was only 36 weeks and every hour that he stayed inside counted.

They came in Saturday morning, bright and early to get blood yet again. Hubs came by and we hung out. I stared at the walls, I knit, I did nothing, I itched, I peed alot (it was the only time I got out of bed and did it as often as I could.)

We got the results back that night, and the nurse said that we'd be having the baby ASAP. We get Hubs into his scrubs, I get worked up (won't go into details there, you thank me...trust me) and we start the phone call tree.

About 30 minutes goes by and one of the nurses comes into the room with a phone. It's the doctor, still at home. We're supposed to be in surgery in 30 minutes.

There's been a mistake in reading the results of the pee test. The urine test was fine, but my liver tests are awful. They're not sectioning me tonight, but at 6am tomorrow.

So, another long night at the hospital begins.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Sounds like you really had a long ordeal!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're killing me, you know that right? I'm dying for the next post!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home