Thursday, January 14, 2010

Radio Silence, Again.

I tried to come back full force, I really did. I came on to Blogger twice in December to upload and post, only to be denied, got completely frustrated and haven't been on since. This mommy-ing stuff isn't the best for daytime blogging and at night I just want to veg. (The Baby and The Boy are doing great!)

I do want to keep this thing going so I have photos. Santa brought me a Flip Camera. Seriously, I LOVE the thing, but it caused me to stop taking actual photos.

Today I had enough. I grabbed the camera and here's what I'm working on, knit-wise. (Hang in there, there's a lot.)

Baby sweater for a friend who had their kid already. Like, back before Christmas. I'm awful. I just need to put the arm on and to do the button bands. What am I waiting for? Sigh.

Handspun hat. Too small, I need to make it bigger. Frogging, eventually.


I'm working on a Montana Tunic (Rav link), from Gale's Shear Spirit, sans pocket:
I love this pattern for no other reason than just mindless, easy knitting. The 1X1 ribbing around the neck is killing me though.


I finished this Wool Peddler's Shawl (Rav, again) by Cheryl Oberle (OOH! She runs a knitting retreat....didn't know that until just now...guess where I'm internetting to after I finished this post. Haha)before Christmas. Serious, serious envy from people whenever I wear it. All hand knits should garnish this much attention. I have no idea if it's the striking color of the indigo yarn or the pattern or what...I get people stopping me and asking about it all the time.

And Hey, Teach.
I started this while pregnant. It took under 2 weeks to complete. I love it. I tried it on while still nursing and since my boobs were too huge I couldn't button it. I literally threw it into a ball in the bottom of my drawer. You can still see the wrinkles, which I have since removed thanks to the power of my dryer.

(Did I mention that I'm the worst handknitter, ever?? Who treats hand made sweaters that way??)
I wish that I did buttons all the way down, now that it's finished and I can actually wear it, you know, when it's not 8 degrees outside...


And I did complete a bunch of Christmas knitting, but didn't take any photos of any of it. I knit a shawl for my library's annual silent auction, no photo. I did wrist warmers and a scarf for my mom, no photo.
Hopefully I'll be back to posting on a semi-regular basis. I'll add that to my New Year's Resolutions....

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

You have been knitting a lot - that's fantastic!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back :) That shawl is lovely - especially in that color!

7:55 AM  
Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

whoa that is A LOT of knitting for someone with a baby and a little guy. Impressive (esp the Monatan Tunic but you know I'm biased).
So sorry to have missed you on Wednesday.....

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home