Friday, February 19, 2010

Today the Sun is Shining

Thanks for the comments from the post from the other day. I should have mentioned that I've done everything- calls, emails, trying to go through a third party (other family members), approaching her face to face- to try and figure out what was going on with her and I. She insists that nothing is wrong, that it's all in my head and "all my drama". She is in denial or just doesn't want to deal with what her issues are. I live a good life and think that having positive people around me is a big part of that good life. I'm at the point where I know I've done nothing wrong to her and that I need to accept her decision to not be a part of my life. Or my children's lives. It is sad and painful, but it is what it is.
And let me just say that no, I haven't been a perfect person. I understand, embrace and accept my humanity. I have skeletons in the closet just like everyone else, but they are MY skeletons, not hers and she has no right to judge me for them...or so I think. And even when I bring up said skeletons, she denies that these are the issues she's upset about.
Ok. On to Olympic Knitting, shall we?? Here's what I have so far, if not even more. I can't find my camera (gulp...where the heck is it?) so I can't take a more recent photo. I'm about to start the short rows and switch to the second color (RED!). I'm excited about this project still. It's even better because I know that it fits. Gotta love top down sweaters!
Also- Jessalu is having a contest. She's celebrating FIVE years with her blog and is giving away SWEET prizes. Leave a comment on her blog, but tell her I sent ya, ok? (I think it humorous that I want to win, but I'm telling others to go and comment, lowering my chances of winning. Part of me wants to tell everyone tomorrow to go and comment. Strange.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

You know if you've done everything you can do on your end then that's all you can do. As painful as it is, you have to let her go. Does she treat other family members the same way or is it just you?

9:50 AM  
Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

that's a bummer, if you have tried and there's nothing more you can do. ditto what carol said, all you can do is let it go. which is often much harder than doing something. at least you have olympic knitting for a distraction, i love to see how fast people knit when there's a challenge on. looks like you're in line for a gold!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Thanks for the linky! Good luck - with both the contest and the other...

btw, I've added a sixth prize if we reach 300 comments!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home