Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Try, Try Again (?)

I'm up to the arms on Sahara. I've never liked knitting sleeves in the round, I have no idea why. I'm not the best dpn user in the world so I think that's part of it. I also like to knit sleeves at the same time, that way you know that they are the same length.
Decisions, decisions.
I decided to suck it up and knit them as the pattern states. Got out my 16" Denise cord.
That's not going to work.
I found another metal 16" needle to work with. The shoulders are formed by picking up stitches, then doing short rows, knitting back and forth. I picked up the correct number of stitches and it looked so sloppy.


So I decided to knit them flat. First of all, I could use my other Denise cord and the needles that I love, and secondly, I could avoid the DPN's at the end.

So far, so good. I have NO idea if this is going to work or if it's going to come back to bite me in the butt.

Either way, I'm proud of myself for trying something new, even if it failed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

There's no reason it shouldn't work. I often to the opposite and knit sleeved in the round with a short row shoulder to avoid having to knit them flat, because I hate sewing in sleeve caps and seaming generally (to each one's own, right?).

Do you know how to Magic Loop? I find it much easier than dpns or short cirs for sleeves. If you want to try it, just Google it. It only takes a couple of minutes to learn.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home