Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Problem with Laceweight


I'm still working on the laceweight cardigan. It's coming out lovely and I do enjoy working on it. The problem? It is taking SO long. I'm somewhat of an instant-gratification kinda girl so this is an issue.
Part of me wants to cast on another project, But if I do that, then this thing is NEVER getting done.
And I want it done.

It takes between 13 and 22 minutes to complete one row. It depends on how many stitches I drop (happens repeatedly every row...grr) or what's going on around me. It's not the "watch tv and have a chat" kind of project. It's like doing intricate lace, but without intentional holes.
Anyways, I'm up to about 11 out of 13 inches on the body. I'm hoping to have all 13 done today and start the decreases for the arms soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

You can do it!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Have you tried less slippery needles (if you have some the right size).

The last sweater I knit was on metal needles and I kept dropping sts, and I think it wouldn't have happened with different needles. (I just found a dropped st I missed entirely, on the end of a row, after I'd bound off, blocked, and worn the thing 3 times!)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay You! Keep going! I completely admire you for doing a sweater in laceweight - there are so many pretty ones out there and the idea of a me-sized sweater in lace yarn scares me to know end!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I am tremendously impressed that you had the guts to start this one in the first place. No way I would willingly knit a lace weight sweater! I love them, but I'd never finish. Hang in there; you've made awesome progress so far.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

OMG...you are adventurous! I have obsessed on a laceweight garment, but chicken out everytime.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home