Thursday, April 01, 2010

I Like Laundry.

It's been an interesting couple of days here. Hubs is working his butt off, including meetings, dinners, etc., which is wonderful for our bank account. But it means that I don't get a break. The Baby has been going through something- growth spurt, teething, mental illness- I don't know. He's been a manic baby, happy one second, whining or crying the next, unless he's on me. There's nothing "wrong" with him...no fever, no runny nose. I have no idea what's going on, but he also hasn't been sleeping as much as he used to.
Sigh.
Babies should come with a manual and a troubleshooting guide.
Anyways, I have some progress on the knitting.

The cormo cardigan has a front...at least on one side. Still loving it. I might have to start collecting Foxhill Farms cormo worsted weight with this year's round of fiber fests. Yes, it's that delish.
I'm also cruising on the Pentagon Pullover. I made a mistake while drinking wine and knitting in front of friends, but even with that frogging session, I'm still moving right along with it.
And say hello to my new toys. Every housewife's dream. Brand spankin' new washer and dryer. (Ok, I will admit that most housewife's dream would be a housekeeper, but this is a close second.)
I never thought that I'd actually enjoy laundry or be able to keep up with it. These Maytag Bravos machines ROCK! I was able to fit a king size duvet cover along with a regular load from my old washer in these things. My whites have never looked better. Some reviews have said that clothes come out tangled and wrinkled. My first load did. I figured out immediately that you can't fill them too much. Since there's no center agitator thingy, clothes need room to spin and cycle. Stuffing the machine makes it impossible for it to do that. Now I make sure that things aren't loaded too tightly and so far, problem solved. These machines are idiot proof- you turn a dial and *blamo* things get clean. I love these machines!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Archiknist said...

And you can walk down the hallway now (I hope!)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I always thought babies should come with an "Off" switch. Of course, then you'd run the risk of putting them with the exercise bike in the corner and never turning them "On" again! ;)

I love my washer and dryer. Not my particular ones, because they're a pain in the butt, but just having a washer and dryer. Whenever my washer breaks, I go into emergency mode and can't function normally until it's up and running again.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home