Tuesday, June 22, 2010

10 on Tuesday

I'm such a joiner. I joined 10 on Tuesdays. Here's this week's theme:



10 ways to entertain a child

1. Read to them. I love to read to The Boy and I think that's a big part of why he started to read so young. Now? He wants to read to me. Favorite book? I Love You Through and Through.

2. The Baby loves baths. He loves watching people bathe, he loves taking baths himself. Anytime he's cranky for no reason, I put him in the tub.

3. Play doh. Messy, but works in this house.

4. Legos. See above, although The Boy has been picking his up after each use, so clean up is easier.

5. Dancing. Turn up the tunes and let 'em rock.

6. Got a web cam? The Boy wants me to turn it on so that he can watch himself on the screen. He gets goofy!

7. I hate to say it, but since getting the Wii, video games. Sigh. Best digital babysitter, when I just need to shower quick. The Boy is only allowed about 5 hours a week of playing time, so it's not so bad.

8. Go outside and PLAY! How many times did you hear that as a kid? Me?? Plenty. I say it to the kids every day.

9. Look at old photos together. Even photos of them as babies. Kids love hearing stories of when they were little.

10. Bake cookies together. I love to bake (and eat) cookies. The Boy loves to help when he can. Somehow, these cookies always taste sweeter to me.

That's it! Thanks for reading my first ever 10 on Tuesday! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love the dancing idea!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home