Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mrs. Hope

The Boy graduates from preschool tomorrow. His teacher for the last year was Mrs. Hope. She has the patience of a saint, gives great parenting advice (without making it seem like her opinion) and loves the kids she cares for more than life.
Someone that special deserves hand knits, right?
Originally I was going to make her a scarf. I had some dark blue wool, soft and begging to be worn in the chilly weather. But I realized (after getting it half done) that Mrs. Hope wore only pastels. Back into the stash closet...found this seafoamy-green laceweight, leftover from Citron.
Now what pattern? Last time I saw Rebecca she talked up the short row shawls, but I didn't get it. Then I saw Knitty's surprise, Annis. I had to make it. I hate doing nupps and I had beads...It was the perfect gift. I had only 5 days to make it though. Could I do it? Yep.

It was gifted yesterday, and she loved it. I didn't know it, but she's a knitter and crocheter! She was in awe of the beads and made sure that I knew that she knew just how much work the shawl was. It's going to look stunning on her.
The Boy is going to their summer program, but Mrs. Hope has helpers and he won't see her much. I'm sad that I have to wait 3 years to have her teach one of my kids again. But I'm also excited for The Boy's journey into school aged boy, instead of preschooler.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Nelkin said...

Gorgeous, I want to be your boys teacher!!!!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home