Tuesday, July 06, 2010

10 on Tuesday (This Time, on Tuesday)

I noticed too late that I posted the 10 on Tuesday list on Wednesday. You'd think that I'd be able to tell which day is which, but being a stay at home mom means I really don't need to.

So this week's 10 on Tuesday:

10 ways to enjoy the summer.

1. Stay in the air conditioning. It reached 102 for the second time in as many days here in CT. Our central air has been broken since Sunday. I will not tell you how gross I feel.

2. Knit with something other than wool. I'm using Schaefer Yarn's Andrea, a 100% silk yarn for the shawl. Makes my hobby bearable.

3. Find some shade and read a good book.

4. Got kids? We went here and LOVED it. Pricey- I won't lie, but The Boy had a ball. Well worth the price.

5. Slip n Slide. The Boy also loves ours. I'm still afraid of it, much to Hubs' amusement.

6. Bug watch. We have PLENTY of bugs in our yard- The Boy likes to take a magnifying glass and crawl around to see what he finds. He also likes to look under rocks for slithering things too. One rule- no showing Mommy the spiders. :)

7. Ice cream. I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be with the cold stuff, but I still love a cone now and then. Summer is the perfect time.

8. Take in a museum. Yes, with your kids in tow. Free air conditioning and a bit of education. The Boy learned about statues in preschool and is pretty excited to see one up close.

9. I want to steal every one of these ideas. Personal drive-in at your house? Brilliant.

10. Check up on neighbors. Take a walk, see who's out and about. I like to think that summer means things move slower, easier. Call a relative that you haven't talked to in awhile. Write letters or cards to far away friends. Reach out to others. It's good for your spirit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Donna Freedman said...

Hey, thanks for the link!
I really like your "10 on Tuesday" idea. Drop back again for my Friday giveaways, which I may entitle "Free on Friday." :-)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home