Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bumping it up a Notch

While at WOOL, I learned more than I expected. There were no classes, per say, but just listening to this group made me sponge info up.

Like, how to properly use my dusty old niddy noddy. It's not even that hard. How to properly skein yarn after taking it off the noddy. Again, not hard.

I overheard a lesson on how to use wool combs, a lesson on spindling, and was also reminded that the reason my wrist hurts so much after spinning is because I control my twist too hard (treat it like it's an eel- slippery. It should slide through your fingers like fluid. You should not pinch it like it's a bomb, which I what I do if I'm not mindfully spinning.)
I've been spinning every other day, which is A LOT for me. But I'm loving every minute of it.
I miss my WOOL girls though. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Rows Red said...

It makes me ridiculously happy that you got more than just good laughs out of WOOL. That's one of the best parts!

4:20 PM  
Blogger weeble wobble said...

oooh I want to learn how to use a niddy noddy! I don't like ball winders for some reason. Maybe cause I don't have one.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home