Monday, August 09, 2010

WOOL 2010

What a weekend I had. I went up to Lake George, to Wiawaka Holiday House for WOOL, the spinning gathering put together by Tina.
Wonderful. Simply put, it was just what I needed. There was no pressure, no feeling left out. There was laughter and tears. It was really amazing.
I drove up and met Tamara of Spincerely Yours. Check out what she made for me as a thank you for driving! It's my very own colorway!!

She sells her stuff on etsy. Seriously, this stuff is delish and I know for a fact that she's a sweetheart who only makes the best stuff for your wheel!

I made new friends, got to know old friends a bit better, and was reminded once again how magical Lake George is to me.

I came home to a clean house (my mother in law stayed for a few days to help out Hubs. That woman is a saint) and the family happy to see me. The Baby wouldn't let me put him down. So cute.

Here's what I ended up with at the end of the long weekend:

Well worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Glad you had a great time.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

That looks like a lovely weekend. I love getting together with my spinning group. Something about the wheels going round and round makes for such great conversation!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Rows Red said...

Thank you for coming! It was wonderful to meet you, and I'm thrilled that you had a good time. I definitely hope you'll consider coming again.

I had no idea we shared so much in common, getting to know you was a true pleasure. Love the jammies. :P

And yay! Your own personal colorway! How cool is that?

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Spinning takes us back to the good old times when we had time and the feeling of the thread in our hands!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home