Monday, December 04, 2006

Gray, Again.

I'm almost of out gray wool. I've spun and spun and spun.

And improvement can be seen.




Atleast by me.


I knitted yesterday. I started Elizabeth Zimmerman's baby sweater (from her almanac.) It's for my brother's baby-to-be.

And finished a merino/cashmere scarf for someone very special for the holidays. This stuff makes me want to knit with this yarn and only this yarn. It is delicious. I've never knit with a "luxury yarn" before and I can see why it's tough going back to regular wool.
I got 2 skeins of it during the birthday sale. I used one skein, and have one left. Ummm, I need something for me made out of this.
I have a feeling that I'm going to make another christmas gift out of the other skein.
Bummer.
How's your holiday knitting going?
P.s. Yes, my kid brother is having a baby of his own next month. Ekkk!

5 Comments:

Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Persistence pays. Look at that beautifully spun gray! You have gotten better, and the sun seems to be shining too! Yayyyy for you!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Oh, a new baby to play with! I love babies and as an aunt you can spoil without having to live with the baby after spoiling it.

I know what you mean about the luxury yarn. I knitted a gift out of the first luxury yarn I bought and bought some for me the first chance (sale) I had.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Wow! You're a faster study than me!!!! Soooo jealous!

Psst! Email me your address. I want to send you stuff with which to practice.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning is coming along so fast, it looks great!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Palindromes said...

Wow. Awesome job!!!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home