Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mistakes, Repairs and Nightmares.

As most of my friends and regular readers know, I intentionally make one noticeable mistake in every piece I create. This sweater is no exception. The mistake was made early on and although it was very noticeable to me, I left it figuring I wouldn't make any others.


Boy, was I wrong.

This a cable in the back of the sweater. As you can see, I twisted it wrong. It looked awful.


I read January One's way of fixed incorrectly crossed cables. Genius.


I sat down yesterday and fixed it. (Gulp)
The end result looks good or atleast good enough for me! PS- I recommend her idea of swatching first and practicing on that. It would have been better, but I'm just so sick of doing cables right now. :)

I had 3- yes, THREE, nightmares that I was going to wake up this morning and find the sweater:

1. Felted by Hubs in the wash.

2. During the blocking process it shrank to barbie size and I gave it to her anyways.

3. It unravelled in the box and when she opened the gift, it was a mass of blue yarn.

No wonder I'm cranky!

So, what's next? Log Cabin Baby Blanket, from Mason Dixon Knitting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Oh, my! How brave of you! I don't know if I could have done that sort of fix without practicing first.

11:01 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Hey sunflowerfairy- Thanks for your comment on my birthday presents to be- I read your 100 list. I'd say if we were playing match.com we would have about 70 that matched- just so you know- mostly the not good ones and the ones about chocolate and ice cream. It's nice to have a new blog friend.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Gauss said...

Wow - that looks like there was no mistake to begin with!

I assume the three nightmares didn't happen?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good save! I haven't tried that yet, but someday it'll happen. As soon as I put the lace down and go back to the cablework.

Just don't hold your breath too long, meantime, that tunnel's a long one.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed by that cable correction! I don't think I have the guts to do something like that, but you carried it off flawlessly!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The sweater is SO great! Very, very brave move to fix the cable. You've given me courage if I should find myself in that spot.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home